Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Have This Disease..

I have this disease. This incurable, inevitable, permanent disease.
Something like amnesia. No, don't laugh. It's not funny, really. It's like selective memory. Because today I sat in my living room and all I had was random thoughts in my head.

Today, somehow, I couldn't remember how my friends annoy me to the core. I couldn't remember how they make me say "Whatever" in exasperation. I couldn't remember how sometimes they are plain mean. I couldn't remember how they don't behave. I couldn't remember how they never bother. I couldn't remember how they never care. I couldn't remember how sometimes they ask for too much.

All that I could remember, was the way they make me laugh. The way they tell me things no one else knows. The way they whisper to me when I don't know. They way they throw their heads back and laugh when I tell a joke. The way they put an arm around my shoulder to comfort me. The way they tell me it's okay. The way they surprise me for my birthday. The way they jump with me to take pictures. The way they forgive me when I have my moments. And the last thing I remember, was how much I miss them.

Those I haven't seen in months, those in weeks, and even those I just saw yesterday.

I miss them, and I can't tell why.
You know who you are =)


No comments: