What people often perceive is that Christians are supposed to be flawless. And it doesn't help when some of them present themselves in such a way that they're more superior, put on that 'holier-than-thou' facade. But the thing is, me and you, regardless of what you believe in, if anything, we're tainted. We lean on doing what we shouldn't do. Christians are not above anyone. They are not perfect, not infallible.
So why believe then? Why bother going to church every Sunday if it doesn't turn you into a saint? Why go to the trouble of having a relationship with God if you're just the same?
I can't speak for anyone else.
But I believe because I know God doesn't require me to be sinless. He wants me to be repentant of my sins. I know God loves me despite my sinful nature, that is why I choose to love Him and honour Him with all I can. But again, I am human. Just because I chose to reciprocate God's love and believe in Him wholeheartedly, doesn't give me immunity to temptations. It doesn't come with a card that has the words 'Get out of
Christians say they are free, not because they are free of sins or temptations. We say we are free because we are forgiven.
"Christ is not a religion, Christianity is not about what you can do, it’s about what Christ has done. Religion is two letters – DO. Christianity is four letters – DONE." -Jaeson Ma.
"Holiness doesn't mean perfection. Holiness sometimes mean fixing your mistakes with a humble heart."
-Ps. Philip Mantofa.
No comments:
Post a Comment