Sunday, October 19, 2014

#vivalajawa

Maybe Instagram is a phase, just as Blogger was. But words will never grow old in my book. So for another inconsistent period of time, I'm writing indefinitely.

Jakarta was a gripping place. If you take away the cars and bikes that honk at you, the polluted sooty air, the slow-paced demeanor of the workers, it wouldn't really be Jakarta. So if you asked me, I liked it that way. One thing I really loved was the ubiquity of street vendors. They were literally everywhere selling the most nonsensical food ie. nasi goreng gila (I actually googled if gila meant mad in Indonesian like in Malay, it does). For the record, that mad fried rice (rp.16k / rm4-5) was the best thing I ate in Jakarta.

Thankful that I still got the chance to travel albeit it being somewhere so near. Also thankful that the coffee culture in Jakarta gave us something to do on this trip other than inhaling haze. Most thankful that I got to go on this adventure with two of my best friends and made a new one along the way. 





Sincerely one of the friendliest groups we met.














No comments: