If you'd asked me what I'm most proud of in my life.
It's them.
If you'd asked me what I cry about the most.
It's them.
These are the people I grew up with.
The people whose DNA almost matches mine.
The people who would give up the world for me.
The people who would say yes without skipping a beat
if I needed their help.
if I needed their help.
The people who spent their lives telling me I am perfect.
The people who would run ahead
just to make sure the road is safe before I walked.
The people who would try to mend a hairline crack in my heart
when there's a break in theirs.
The people who would push me out to war
while they're still around so if I lost,
while they're still around so if I lost,
they'd be there to fight my battle.
The people who would break me down,
just so they know I can put myself together again.
The people I always manage to hurt the most.
The people I always manage to hurt the most.
The people who would forgive me every single time.
This, is my family.
This, is my life.
thank you.

No comments:
Post a Comment