Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I'd Do It All Over Again

Explaining why I had been absent after such frequent posts would deem to be redundant, since I'll probably disappear just as swiftly the moment I finish this one.

Do you know how it feels, the exact emotions, the intricacies, the persistent pain, when you realize what you've been waiting for all your life isn't yours?  I don't know if you do. What I do know, though, is that the feeling is forgettable. It slips your mind the same way you forget to bring your toothbrush on a vacation. It seems simple, straight out of the book, right? No.

Because the second the feeling resurfaces, you wish you hadn't forgotten. After all, it always hurts harder the first time you fall. And having to go through it repeatedly like it's the very first time you ever experienced something of the sort is inexplicable. That feeling is something I wish I could etch into my brain not to forget.

So that I stop waiting.

No comments: