Most of the time, after a while, the world gets to me. And I forget God. I forget how He died for my sins, how He saved me from a ditch, how He stayed behind with me when the world decided I wasn't worth it, how He gave me a million second chances, how He made miracles happen for me when I run into a dead end, how He blessed me with people who loved me almost as unconditionally as He did.
Then the guilt hits like windscreen shattering in a car crash. Because after all He has done, I let it slide like an insignificant detail. Sometimes the tears are hard to stop, and instead of making them swim in my eyes, I let them roll down my cheeks as a reminder. Reiterate in my head that I might have been crying because I feel bad (not even because I sinned, but because I am a full-fledged selfish person who was wallowing in self-pity), but God was cupping His hands against my chin to salvage every tear because He wouldn't look past the littlest of my hurts.
And almost magically, the tears will run out. When I realise that I already have the greatest love of all. His. And repenting, is the unstoppable plot that comes right after. Followed by forgiveness.
Mark 5:36 ..Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe."
No comments:
Post a Comment