Tuesday, August 13, 2013

21.

3 days ago.
He told me he wanted to have dinner and coffee that night. She told me that she's booking me for brunch with our friends on the 13th. I didn't expect it at all when I walked to Coffee Societe and they jumped out and screamed "Surprise!" in unison and Kenneth came at me with his camera, taking a video. People say surprises are overrated, because we seem to do it so often it begins to feel unsurprising. Not if you do it well. :) I know some of them just came along and did what was told of them to do. But what matters is I know a few who planned every detail, saw through every step of the surprise and made sure more than anything that it would be a perfect night for me. The food was not perfect. The coffee was not perfect. The place was not perfect. The night was not perfect. You guys and your efforts were.

"Growing apart doesn't change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I'm glad for that."







These friends of mine have been around for me for years. They are the ones who know me inside out. They have seen me laugh the ugliest expressions, they have seen me cry the hardest. They've seen me in the morning when my hair isn't brushed and my face is puffy. They've been with me for years and years of 13 Augusts and still manage to cook up a great plan to make me a happy girl turning another year older. And every time I think about having friends, I am thankful that it is you guys. You are better friends than I could ever wish for. 



2 days ago.
It hasn't been long since I joined cell group at CHCKL. W5 has been a group of warm, friendly people who doesn't stop trying to make me comfortable amidst their company. Having known them for only about 2-3 months, I had no idea they'd do anything for me, let alone surprise me. So that Sunday morning, when I had no transport to church and Carmen offered to pick me up, I suspected nothing. She told me the cg is having lunch and I should come since I'm not helping out at the booth and I thought why not. 

They took me to lunch, bought me cakes, celebrated for me, bought me gifts, prayed for me. 


It is a relief and a blessing to finally fit in with a group of believers at church. To have a leader to turn to when you have troubles. To know that there are people around who are praying for you, and looking out for you. Thank you, W5 :)


1 day ago.
Monday nights these days are designated cheer (POS) practice nights. I don't make plans on Monday nights anymore. So going to dinner with cheer members and reaching church at 6.30pm for warm-ups is just like any other Monday night. At cheer, when a member comes to you and says 'Let's do handstands!' or 'Wanna practice our cartwheel?', you don't say no. No. You say 'Let's go!' or nod with ample enthusiasm. So when Tirzah and Xiaoma insisted on me practicing handstands and cartwheels, I gave in. Then a minute before the group gathered for opening prayer, in walked the people whose faces didn't belong there, but somewhere else like form 6. It wasn't the hardest thing to guess that they were there for me. I had practice, so they could only sing for me and wait 3 hours. Which was exactly what they did.





These people, I've known for precisely 3 years. They came into my life when there were the most changes and growth. Some of them saw me at my weakest and still chose to hold my hand 'til I got stronger. They do crazy, unprecedented, spontaneous things and the tricky part is that they somehow manage to make me do the same. That's what I love most about this bunch; they've challenged me to do things I'd never try otherwise. Hint: gold strip :p Thank you guys, for doing something for me every year even when we stop seeing each other for months. :)


Today.
I've been happy enough that he's been turning up at more than one of my celebrations. I've been happy enough to know that he was bringing me out for dinner. I've been happy enough that this August, we were actually together. Then he told me to 'wear nice nice' and brought me to places that I never imagined he would. I didn't realize that when I joked about going for a candlelight dinner, it wasn't a joke. I don't remember ever feeling so loved by one person romantically, and I don't regret even for a minute knowing that that first (and last) person is you.



The funny thing is, after the amazing dinner and the scenic rooftop view, I was already vomitting thank you-s and other words of gratitude. I was ecstatic enough and I didn't need more. All he did for dinner tonight was deserving of my every breath saying thank you. But later he told me he wanted to take a walk, at KLCC park and that being a place we've always wanted to stroll, I didn't see what was coming. Because that stroll in the park somehow brought us to the No.1 rooftop view in KL, Skybar.



I adore writing and I've always felt words are my best tool. Nothing comes easier to me than words. This time, I'm at a loss for words. I can't explain how I felt and still feel to have someone do these things, so much, for me. Plan one after another surprise for me, just because he knows I like surprises which are not ruined by hints and whatnot. Bring to me the best places in town because it wasn't about whether I wanted it, but because he thinks I deserve more. And for all you've done, I can only say iloveyou. I'm overwhelmed.

Culminated the 21st ;) (you taught me a new word!)


Thank you God, for I am so immensely blessed.

No comments: