Friday, August 23, 2013

you're looking down.

It took a while to find time to blog. Some time has passed since the last I remember having enough time at night to dry my hair, let alone type a whole blog post. Tonight is an exception, combined with the fact that I have thoughts floating around waiting to be pulled to the ground by the keyboard's clicking. 

Have you ever felt underestimated? Underestimation.. feeling underestimated is somewhat of a conundrum. You only feel underestimated when you think you can do more than what people expect of you. You know different. But sometimes you are not given the chance to prove them wrong. 

The window of time you have to find that chance is a small one. It's one that if you miss, you'll be left feeling a different kind of 'underestimated'. Like just maybe you might have played a game of overestimation with yourself, and others' underestimation, perception of you is precisely what you are limited to. How do you prove your capabilities to yourself -to people- when people have underestimated you for so long that they've shut the window of opportunities for you to try again?

I, am relying on divine intervention to break open that shut window.

Mark 11:23 Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him.

No comments: